Melaleuca / Tea Tree Essential Oil
The oil from the Melaleuca tree, native to Australia, has been used as a cure-all medicine since ancient times… and that’s not an exaggeration. It can be used as a cure for almost all tropical infections and diseases. You name it and it has some sort of positive effect or treatment for that disease.
It also has strong antiseptic properties and has been documented to kill many germs on contact.
Two 2010 Australian studies with mice found that tea tree oil had anti-tumor activity against mesothelioma and melanoma. Researchers stated that tea tree oil “significantly inhibited the growth” of these two tumor cell types.
Chinese researchers in 2009 reported that tea tree oil had both antimicrobial and anti-cancer effects. They found that tea tree oil exhibited strong cytotoxicity (toxic to cancer cells) against human lung cancer cells, human breast cancer cells and human prostate cancer cells (PC-3, which exhibit high potential for metastasis).
Melaleuca oil benefits:
- Anti-bacterial and anti-viral
- Stimulates blood circulation
- Heals wounds
- Boosts the immune system
- Mix 5 drops with 1 tablespoon of raw honey and use as a wash for blemishes
- Apply topically to aid in natural skin healing of toenails and feet
- Add 5 drops to shampoo to improve scalp health
- Diffuse in the air to purify.
- Gargle melaleuca essential oil and water to support seasonal immunity
- Put directly on bug, mosquito or spider bites to aid in natural healing
- Mix 2 teaspoons melaleuca and water in spray bottle for all-purpose cleaner
Hope this helps!
Next Article – Ginger Essential Oil