INTERNAL Use of Essential Oils
Current research suggests that many essential oils are more effective when taken orally. BUT, only pure certified organic oils should ever be taken this way.
The dosage and dilution depends on age, size and health of the person. If you have questions, you should definitely consult your nutritionist or physician before proceeding.
Suggested internal use methods:
- Put several drops of oil into an empty capsule and swallow with water.
- Add 1–3 drops to a glass of water, almond milk or coconut milk.
- Put 1–3 drops to 1 teaspoon of coconut oil then consume.
- Add 1–3 drops to 1 teaspoon of raw honey.
I personally put a couple of drops of lemon oil in my water and drink it throughout the day.
- Some oils can be used internally and others cannot.
- Some essential oils are suitable for adults, but NOT healthy for children.
- In-depth questions about internal dosage should be directed to a nutritionist or physician.
The following essential oils should never be taken internally:
- white fir
Next Article – INHALATION Using A Diffuser